With COVID-19 restrictions causing gyms to shut down nationwide, gym-goers and fitness enthusiasts alike have found creative ways to stay active. Though the online fitness streaming service Peloton was popular amongst many before quarantine began, it became a more convenient and most importantly, safer alternative to hitting the gym in the months since.
Using the Tagger Platform, we tracked the growth rates of 13 Peloton instructors spanning from April 1st to August. Instructors might have experienced steady growth before gyms closed, but nothing compared to the rates of up to 199% some have experienced in the past four months.
- Tunde Oyeneyin (@tunde2tunde) - Growing from 49.5k in April to 148.1k in August, Oyeneyin’s platform has experienced a 199.2% increase. Oyeneyin is not only a Peloton instructor, but also an International Fitness Model, the founder of SPEAK, and a Makeup Artist.
- Alex Toussaint (@alextoussaint25) - Though his platform already possessed a healthy growth rate before gyms were closed, Toussaint’s profile has grown from 106k in April to nearly 250k.
- Ally Love (@allymisslove) - Peloton instructor, CEO/Founder of Love Squad, Adidas global ambassador and in-arena host of the Brooklyn Nets, Love’s profile had already amassed 206k followers by March, growing to a whopping 405k by August.
- Becs Gentry (@becsgentry) - Peloton Tread instructor, NASM certified Personal trainer, and RRCA run coach, Gentry’s platform has grown from 39.9k to a total of 62k in August.
- Chase Tucker (@chasetucker) - Since April, Tucker’s instagram has experience a 159.3% increase from 15.5k to 40.2k.
- Dr. Chelsea Jackson Roberts (@chelsealovesyoga) - Peloton yoga and meditation instructor, Lululemon global ambassador, and founder of the Yoga, Literature, and Art Camp at Spelman college, Roberts’ profile has grown from 48.2k in April to 100.6k in four months.
- Christine D'ercole (@iamicaniwillido) - A Senior Instructor for Peloton, D’ercole is a Masters World and National Champion Track Cyclist. Her profile has grown from 59.3k to 88.4k since April and holds a solid engagement rate of 5%.
- Cody Rigsby (@codyrigsby) - Peloton Cycling Director and Mindful Athlete, Rigsby’s profile grew from 166.3k in April to 332.9k, a 100.18% increase.
- Denis Morton (@denis__morton) - A Peloton Yoga and Cycling instructor, Morton is an NASM certified personal trainer whose profile has grown from 63k to 107.4k since April.
- Emma Lovewell (@emmalovewell) - Founder of LIVE LEARN LOVEWELL, Under Armour Athlete, and senior Peloton instructor, Lovewell’s profile has grown 80.3% since April, from 133.6k to 240.9k.
- Jess Sims (@jsimsfit) - As a former school teacher turned fitness teacher and Peloton Instructor, Sims’ has experienced a growth from 42.8k to 122.8k, an impressive 187.15% since April.
- Kendall Toole (@fitxkendall) - As a Mental Health Advocate and Peloton Tread instructor, Toole’s profile grew from 92.9k in April to 202.7k in August, a gain of over 100k.(@fitxkendall) - As a Mental Health Advocate and Peloton Tread instructor, Toole’s profile grew from 92.9k in April to 202.7k in August, a gain of over 100k.
- Aditi Shah (@diti22) - As a Peloton yoga and meditation instructor, Shah’s platform has nearly doubled from 22k followers this April to 49k in August.
Want to see how Tagger can help you discover and connect with the perfect influencers for your campaigns? Book a free demo & we’ll walk you through the platform.